We work to the highest standards of social research in helping clients respond to the pressures and requirements of modern public services. We bring a unique combination of policy development and implementation expertise together with significant experience in operating in sensitive and political circumstances. We are work with clients engaging with the political and legislative process and bring a strong track record in public, social, economic and environmental policy.
We have particular expertise in the co-production of practical research of knowledge exchange between academics, peers and practitioners and in identifying and interpreting the significance of data, research and analysis for local government as a sector and the ability to differentiate these implications geographically or for different types of council.
Work by our Directors has included the following (publications and other materials relating to them are available on request):
- Strategic research needs analysis and capacity building for UK local authorities
- A policy review for local government on the nature and trends in young people ‘not in employment, education or training’
- Running the Knowledge Navigator partnership between Economic and Social Research Council, Local Government Association and the Society of Local Government Chief Executives
- Independent research and insight consultancy for a range of UK business schools
- Evaluation of Knowledge Transfer Partnerships for the Economic and Social Research Council
- Independent social research services to government departments and devolved governments as well as to the private and financial sector
Clients for these projects have included the Welsh government, Local Government Association, Economic and Social Research Council and the Society of Local Government Chief Executives.
Many of our Associates also have policy analysis, development and research experience as senior executives within organisations and services.