We support leaders and organisations to build the capacity and capability to understand, change and improve performance.Public service organisations are facing the interconnected challenges of reducing budgets while also re-shaping services to meet changing demand. Meeting these challenges requires building capacity to lead and manage differently, while changing forms of delivery and commissioning at pace.
We provide leadership development, management training, strategic reviews and capacity building to support for councils, public service organisations, local government associations and professional bodies.
Work by our Directors has included the following (publications and other materials relating to them are available on request):
- Leadership development for two major county councils
- Research and thought leadership on capacity building in local government for APSE
- A strategic capacity review of a pan-European local government network
- Evaluation and recommendations to LGA on the sector’s capacity to lead improvement
- International capacity building in Nepal and Tunisia
Clients for these projects have included the Local Government Association, Northampton and Cambridgeshire County Councils, Forum of Federations, the Government of Tunisia, the United Nations Development Programme, the Government of Nepal, the Council of European Municipalities and Regions, and the Economic and Social Research Council.
Many of our Associates also have capacity building experience as leaders and developers of organisations and services.